1. How do I renew my designation?
Please refer to the Recertification (CHRP) page for detailed information.
2. How do I complete the Recertification Log?
Please refer to Submit a Recertification Application for detailed information.
3. Can I include development activities that do not fall within my 36-month renewal period?
No credit is given for activities that were completed prior to commencement of your current 36-month period or any events after your CHRP renewal date.
4. I am a senior HR manager and many of the professional activities that I take are business rather than directly HR related. Would they count towards my CHRP recertification?
In order to be a strategic partner in an organization, general (or “non-HR”) business knowledge is essential. As such, when professional development activities are evaluated in this log, the applicability of the activity to an HR professional’s role in the business community will be taken into consideration. If there is not a clear line connecting the professional development activity to one or more RPCs®, it is the responsibility of the HR professional to indicate in the log how this activity has contributed to his/her professional development.
5. Will the Human Resources Institute of Alberta audit my renewal?
At least 3% of the recertification applications submitted annually are audited by the Recertification Audit Committee. Please refer to Recertification Audit for detailed information.
6. What happens to my designation if I am unable to renew due to unforeseen circumstances?
Please refer to our recertification extensions policy.
7. How long does it take to process my renewal application?
The renewal process can take up to 60 days for the Membership and Certification Manager to review the application and the HRIA office to process the documents. This process may be delayed if proper documentation is not submitted or the application is improperly completed.
8. Is there a cost associated with renewing my designation?
Yes, the standard recertification fee is $50.00+GST. Recertifications submitted late are subject to a $50.00+GST late recertification fee.