In Canada and around the world, CPHR Canada is leading HR recognition, advancement and influence.
How can you connect with 6,000 of Alberta's HR professionals?
Looking for new skills or connections?
A new designation marks the turning point for HR professionals in Canada.
Sessions are filling up! Register today to get the PD you want.
Members of HRIA belong to a community of 6,000 HR practitioners and business leaders. Our community includes 3,000 + CPHRs, living and working in Alberta.
Your membership offers access to:
- Professional Development - enhanced program for 2017. We have events to ﬁt your schedule and PD needs.
- Networking - connect with HR professionals and grow your contact list.
- Research - insight specific to HR and Alberta through our bi-annual HR Trends Report. Members get access before the public.
- Resources - HRIA Essentials, Learn & Connect, and Chapter E-newsletters. Receive them monthly to keep you up-to-date on what's happening in your community.
- HRIA Job Source - The largest human resources job board in Alberta with the largest pool of HR talent.
Your guide for HRIA and industry events that cover the full spectrum of HR. It features a customizable and interactive calendar and a monthly highlight of what’s happening in the community.
- Meet with HRIA members at events in each chapter
- Learn from webinars accessible anywhere
- HR-specific post-secondary programs to build your credentials
- Conference & networking opportunities
- Engage with the HRIA community at association or industry events
The most qualified pool of HR talent on Alberta’s largest HR job board. Positions range from C-suite to HR Assistants reaching 6,000+ HR professionals.
- HRIA members save 25% off the cost of postings
- Find out where your HR career can take you by learning about opportunities in and out-of Alberta
- Over 300,000 annual job searches
- Postings average $1 per click, with more than 450 clicks each
- Newly refreshed, mobile-friendly emails
- Engaged readers, an above-average open rate & strong click-through traffic
- Great real estate – large ad sizes with premium placements
You are here
HRIA News Blog
HRIA News Blog
HRIA News Blog
22Nov 2016CPHR Canada
CPHR Canada is today reaffirming its commitment to one national designation with true cross-country mobility and international recognition for Canadian HR professionals: The Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
"Our members know the value in having a truly national designation," states Anthony Ariganello, CEO of CPHR Canada. "As more provinces become self-regulated through pending legislation, provincial designations will be legally restricted and not valid outside that province. Don't be fooled, the only designation that will be legally recognized across Canada by HR stakeholders and businesses is the CPHR."
CPHR Canada remains the sole recognized body and member representing Canada at both the World Federation of People Management Associations and the North American Human Resources Management Association. "The CPHR is also the only designation recognized internationally as the Canadian HR designation," continued Mr. Ariganello. "CPHR Canada has become more global than ever before. We are adopting paths to certification aligned with Australia, the UK and the USA. We have emulated global best practices, instead of province-specific preferences."
Regarding endorsement claims made by the only non-CPHR member province, Ontario, Mr. Ariganello clarified, "The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has received several objections from international stakeholders regarding the development of a global HR competency framework, including from the USA, Australia, and the World Federation of People Management Associations."
CPHR Canada is working on complete designation transferability with HR bodies around the world and has signed Memorandums of Understanding with like-minded bodies. These include the USA Society for Human Resource Management, the Australian Human Resources Institute, and the Canadian Employment Relocation Council.
CPHR Canada's chair, Shannon Railton, was recently elected as President of North American Human Resources Management Association, representing more than 300,000 human resource professionals across North America.
Ms. Railton commented, "Businesses and stakeholders across Canada and internationally can trust in knowing that professionals holding the CPHR designation have achieved Canada's highest national standard of designation. The CPHR is bestowed by nearly all provinces and territories in Canada and includes elevated education and experience requirements. Charter holders of the CPHR designation will be recognized as having the pedigree to succeed across Canada and around the world."
To learn more about the CPHR designation, and its Canada-wide and global benefits, visit www.cphr.ca
About CPHR Canada
Established in 1994, CPHR Canada is a collaborative effort of human resources associations from across Canada. CPHR Canada is the national voice on the enhancement and promotion of the profession across Canada, through established and credible designations, collaborating on national issues related to the profession and proactively positioning the national human resources agenda at the international level. CPHR Canada is the national body that provides direction for all the provincial human resources member associations in administering the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, the leading standard for HR professionals in Canada. The organisation is comprised of member associations from nine provinces and two territories: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland Labrador, Northwest Territory and Yukon Territory. For more information, visit www.cphr.ca.
SOURCE Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
For further information: Media contact: Anthony Ariganello, CEO, CPHR Canada, email@example.com